The PMAC Auditing Process
PMAC’s auditing services are the most thorough in the industry. While other auditors are satisfied analyzing only 5 or 6 criteria, PMAC scrutinizes more than 50 items and every code on your invoice to ensure that your parcel carrier is billing you correctly. And PMAC completes our line item audit at no cost to you.
Here’s how our weekly invoice auditing service works:
- Email PMAC your weekly carrier invoice or PMAC can retrieve it from the carrier on your behalf.
- PMAC imports your invoice file for weekly tracking and stores your files on our secure servers, as well as off-site locations as part of our disaster recovery plan.
- PMAC uploads all customer invoice data to our web reporting application for the most comprehensive invoice reporting and visibility (over 40 “detail” and “summary” reports) and all weekly “tracked” data is uploaded to the web reporting application for service performance visibility (over 15 “detail” and “summary” reports).
- PMAC analyzes the reports and calculates the refunds that you are owed.
- PMAC makes weekly submissions to parcel carriers for credit refunds and overcharges.
- PMAC reviews your shipping patterns and designs highly customized scripts and databases for your business to ensure carrier compliance with all unique contractual considerations.
- PMAC will make quarterly submissions to carriers regarding all inconsistencies with your contract.
- PMAC only invoices you after your credits/refunds are received and credited to your accounts.
Our comprehensive line item audit will recover money for your business by checking each and every invoice for:
- Duplicate Billings
- Rate Variances
- Residential Adjustments ($2.40/$2.05 plus Rate Differences)
- Commercial Adjustments
- Additional Handling Charges: (Dimensional Criteria for Assessment = any package where actual weight over 70 lbs, any package with longest side exceeding 60 inches or second longest side exceeding 30 inches. Not assessed if a LPS charged, no LPS and AHC can co-exist.) $7.50
- Oversize Charges
- Large Package Surcharges $45.00 L+G >130 inches. Min billable weight = 90 lbs
- Saturday Delivery Charges not delivered on Saturday, or picked up on Saturday
- COD Charges (tracked and no signature) $9.00
- GSR Reconciliation
- Manifest Error Reconciliation
- Dimensional Weight Verification
- Delivery Area Surcharge Verification
- Undeliverable Returns
- Unauthorized CBS Charges
- CBS Charges
- Bill Option (2 and 3) Charge Report
- DIN Delivery Intercept Charges – $10.00
- Exorbitant Dimensions for Small Parcel
- Residential Adjustments Approved – Were the commercial rates charged?
- Not aggregating same day hundredweight shipments
- Customer daily pick up time
- Manifest and ship separate days/times
- Late Payment Fee visibility and email customers every week, also email customers Top 5 Accessorial
- Charges for week ending
- Transit hours and average transit hours per carrier, by zip code, service type. By late packages and on-time packages.
- Charged for services not available to certain zip codes, service downgrade but charged the manifested service
- DCS/ASR/SR – Charges with no signature obtained (SR – $2.50, ASR – $3.50 Change Pricing)
- Billed for unavailable service
- Late Payment Fee Visibility
- Inactive Account Report
- NPB/CLB Adjustments Validation, were they originally charged at all? Are they complying with contractual considerations?
- When a residential adjustment is applied and the residential “incentives” are applied are they in compliance with residential contractual incentives?
- Fuel surcharge validation by transaction date
- Weight variation report
- CADJ “package not previously billed”, in MISC field designates the shipment was “duplicate tracking number” in MISC field as well
- Assessed for multiple delivery scans to be valid as a re-used tracking number
- Quarterly report on net and gross freight charges to determine revenue bands being met
- Commercial/Residential DAS Charges
- Extended Commercial/Residential DAS Charges
PMAC’s wide range of services includes:
PMAC’s auditing services are the most thorough in the industry. And PMAC completes our line item audit at no cost to you.
PMAC recommends the best, most cost-efficient ways to utilize carrier networks by analyzing every facet of your current shipping patterns.
Advanced Distressed Package Notification
Your shipments are time-sensitive. So when there’s a delivery problem or exception you deserve immediate notification.
Loss/Damage Claims Management
The process of managing your loss and damage claims is often cumbersome and time consuming.
LTL Auditing Services & Discounted Rates
Are you consistently shipping large quantities of items? If not, you are probably missing out on the lowest shipping rates and the best service times that larger freight clients enjoy.
Why go it alone in negotiating with carriers? PMAC’s experience and expertise are respected across the industry. We can provide invaluable assistance with your selection and contracting process.